Augmented Reality games
  • PatrickBlake

Augmented Reality games

by PatrickBlake » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi there, can any one tell me the best resources for best Augmented Reality games or apps?
  • rick

Re: Augmented Reality games

by rick » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 am

here, are some links that I would like to suggest you

best Augmented Reality games

best Augmented Reality Apps

Now Apple also release ARkit (Augmented Reality Kit ) for ios

best ARKit Apps for ios

Enjoy! :)
    Last edited by rick on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    chrish

by chrish » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 pm

What kinds of applications are you thinking of? Fun games to play out in the world? Technical demos of AR mechanics? Learning games?
  • PatrickBlake

by PatrickBlake » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:30 am

chrish wrote:What kinds of applications are you thinking of? Fun games to play out in the world? Technical demos of AR mechanics? Learning games?

Anything, just needs to be Augmented reality apps
    chrish

by chrish » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm not trying to be snarky, but it is a bit hard to answer without narrowing things down a bit. I think ARIS is a great AR app. But it is also a platform. On the same level you have Taleblazer and Aurasma for example. But then if you're new to ARIS and are looking for a game to try out it is a bit tricky. Most of the location independent games that use GPS don't work right now since factories broke in the spring. I don't know how AR it will feel to tap through location dependent games, but it sorta depends on your purposes of review.

I wonder if the new AR view features could be used smartly to use common objects like STOP signs to generate AR games that are not very location dependent. The QR codes have been used by some to do something like this too.

If you want to tap through some GPS-based games from afar (instead of walking) let me know and I'll suggest. You also might want to check out some of the other threads where we're talking about what AR is defined to be in various places.