ARIS client Beta 2.5.5
  • cleffingwell

ARIS client Beta 2.5.5

by cleffingwell » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:00 am

We have been testing this Beta for a week now. We have 120 existing published 'games' and they seem to be working OK in this beta version. We scan QR codes almost exclusively and have not yet implemented any Augmented scans except for a test one here or there.Ryan will try and do another test this week to see how the AR process works.

The only thing we noticed that throws a small wrench in our works is that the 'Scanner' tab default name, which we used in almost all of our scenarios/games, gets automatically renamed to the new default of 'Augmented'. This will require us to go back through most of our published games to rename that tab back to 'Scanner'. We have to rename it because all of the supporting documentation including screen shots for each game has that name on the tab.

It won't take us long to rename that in our games so it is not a deal breaker for us.

One question that I had is if we had not let the default text for the Scanner tab in there, would it still rename the tab 'Augmented' ? For the future of our games, will typing in actual names for tabs instead of allowing the default name to be used, would that have avoided this issue for us?

Otherwise things seem to be working well for this beta.
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

Re: ARIS client Beta 2.5.5

by djgagnon » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:39 am

Glad to hear. We want to get this version on the app store ASAP so the testing really helps.

Re: the tab name, we still have time to make a change here. The goal is to phase out the QR "scanner" tab and replace it with an updated AR+QR "scanner" or "viewer." Let me talk to Mike, we may even be able to keep the name the same, which would be my preference.
  • cleffingwell

by cleffingwell » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:53 pm

I thought I found an issue with Beta 2.5.5

When getting into a game with a QR code (2,p0,grHTTA,g30239,l1), if I force close the game (double home touch and swipe up), then select the ARIS App again. It prompts me to take the photo, then a public name, but the name can't be entered and the App crashes out to the iPad home screen.

Using iPad Air (same model as consortium iPad). Still using iOS 11.1 however.

I then updated my iOS to 11.1.2 and re-installed the ARIS beta 2.5.5, and it seems to be working OK now.

I will have my programmers try QR code login/force close/login tomorrow to see if they can replicate what I saw, but for now I am updated and things are working.
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

by djgagnon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks Charles. We are in the final stages of testing/tweaking and am looking to get the App store release out by the end of week.