[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Neighborhood tour - Field Day Forums
Neighborhood tour
  • chrisastro64

Neighborhood tour

by chrisastro64 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 am

Hi again,

I'd like to know how to make plaques appear and disappear sequentially as in the Neighorhood tour examples on the ARIS site. Ideally I would each location plaque to appear and then disappear and then the next one on the list to appear and disappear as the player goes on the tour.

Grateful as ever for answers.

Best

Chris
    chrish

Re: Neighborhood tour

by chrish » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Sure thing, here's the gist.

Cause and effect of all sorts in ARIS is done with locks. In this case you want to apply locks to the triggers (locations) that point to your plaques. Say you have plaque 1 and plaque 2. You want p2 to show up when p1 is viewed and p1 to disappear when p1 is viewed.

The lock you put on the trigger for p2 is
    player has already viewed p1

The lock you put on p1 is
    player has not yet viewed p1

In the manual I describe the logic of this more thoroughly, and use a metaphor of keys and pins on keys to describe some of the complications you can come up with. The basic idea is that when you create a lock, you specify the key (what unlocks the lock). Whenever that statement is true, the lock is unlocked.

Give that a go and see how it goes
  • chrisastro64

by chrisastro64 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:03 am

Many thanks for your help. I'll give it a go and get back to you if I need further help.

Best wishes,

Chris
  • chrisastro64

by chrisastro64 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks for your help- it works for 2 plaques, to make the second one appear as the first one disappears. Unfortunately I've been struggling to create the same thing for a third or fourth plaque as I want to create a tour with 5-6 locations.

Could you please explain how I do the triggers for p3, p4 and p5 etc.

Thanks once again

Chris
  • chrisastro64

by chrisastro64 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:50 am

I've now sorted this out myself.

Chris
    chrish

by chrish » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:52 pm

Glad you got over the hump. Anything that I could add to materials/documentation to help the next person see it more easily?