How to make "notebook" not shared with other players
  • Kongkongjudy

How to make "notebook" not shared with other players

by Kongkongjudy » Sat May 25, 2019 7:35 am

I wonder how I can make "notes" not shared with other players.

I've developed an ARIS game and pilot tested on two students before implementing it to a whole class. I found that the first student's (audio & text) notes were open to the public and appeared on the other player's map, whereas the second student's notes did not appear on the first student's map. I wonder how this could happen. I want my students to keep their notes only for themselves, not for the others. Do you know how I can make "notebook" private (not shared with others)?
    chrish

Re: How to make "notebook" not shared with other players

by chrish » Thu May 30, 2019 12:29 pm

The notebook is public by default. The only time this is not the case is if the player in not "in the scene" where the notes were created. If you're using iOS devices, and just want a personal notebook, the built in Notes app is pretty handy, and there are a number of apps intended more as personal journaling apps. With ARIS you could also create a different version of the game for each student, but this would maybe be a lot of work, depending on circumstances, or not possible for something you wanted an open audience to join.