Login/Conversation bug
  • chelsea.sams

Login/Conversation bug

by chelsea.sams » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:54 pm

I'm writing about a problem one of my students is having with her ARIS project. Here's her description of the problem:

"I tried to save the conversation in the Aris editor, it was loading for long time and could not save. And i refreshed the page and tried to save again, but failed. I logged out my account to see if I can redo my last step to save my conversation edit. After I logged out I could not log in again, it kept saying incorrect password or username. I tried to do forget password for a few times, but only received one password reset email. But I still could not log in after I change my password from the link. I can log in to my account and test the game in my phone app, and I can change my password in my phone app too. But when I clicked in the last conversation that i tried to save in Aris, the app would log me out after I clicked it."

Any ideas? She can access her account from the client, just not the editor...

I really appreciate any help on this!
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

Re: Login/Conversation bug

by djgagnon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:59 pm

I'd tell her to clear any browser caches or try another browser.
  • chelsea.sams

by chelsea.sams » Mon May 01, 2017 8:45 am

She tried both, and has attempted to login on multiple computers; any other ideas? I tried helping her, but didn't have any luck either.

Again, she's able to log in on the app with no problem, but the Editor will not allow it.

Thanks again!
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

by djgagnon » Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 am

What is her user account? I'll take a closer look
  • chelsea.sams

by chelsea.sams » Mon May 01, 2017 11:40 am

liyun&jack is my student's username. Thank you very much for your help!
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

by djgagnon » Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm

I renamed the account "liyunjack." See if that helps. From what I can tell, the "&" is causing an issue that we either need to fix or disallow.
  • chelsea.sams

by chelsea.sams » Wed May 03, 2017 6:59 am

That did the trick! My student was able to log in, but the conversation she had been working on when the problem arose is now blank.

So glad that you were able to solve the problem, thank you very much for your help!