[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Spawning still possible? - Field Day Forums
Spawning still possible?
  • Laura@Westweg

Spawning still possible?

by Laura@Westweg » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:17 am

Hey there,

first off, the editor is a great tool to create games even for beginners (like me) and I'm happy that more features are still being added! Great work!

I have a question, namely is spawning still available? In the ARIS manual/tutorial and different discussions on Google it says that I can find the spawning options in the options of an object on the left side of ARIS (in the scenes tab) but for the life of me I cannot find them anywhere. Since the discussions were from at least a year ago and I have no idea how up-to-date the manual is I was wondering if the spawning option is even still available or if that's the reason I can't find it?

I would be very grateful about some help here on where to find it, or how else to spawn objects. And I hope I'm not just stupidly overlooking it...

Thanks in advance!

Laura@Westweg
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

Re: Spawning still possible?

by djgagnon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:04 pm

In ARIS 2.0 we call then "Factories." Factories are game objects that create other game objects, replacing "spawnable" objects in ARIS 1. Take a look, I believe the logic is really improved.
    chrish

Re: Spawning still possible?

by chrish » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:36 pm

the manual also has a basic tutorial for using Factories.

And a bit more extensive one on my blog: