Glitch in Dow Day?
  • williamj35

Glitch in Dow Day?

by williamj35 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:33 am

Hello,

I had my class play through Dow Day today. We used the "Must be in Madison, WI" version. When we were attempting to get to the "Commerce room 102" location, we were unable to get to it. Even though we were standing in the building in the right spot, the game registered our locations as across the street and said we were out of range. I had 15 students with me, and none of them were able to access the video there. We even crawled through the bushes behind the building, hoping to catch a better proximity. Unfortunately, this meant that the game ended there because we could not complete the quest.

So here is the question: Is this a glitch in Dow Day? Is it simply a matter of GPS being wonky in some locations? Or was it because the designers set the limits of that particular plaque too restrictively? Or maybe all or some of the above?

I ask because we are all designing our own ARIS games as a class assignment starting later this week, so I would like to advise my students about how to avoid the same problem.

Thanks,
    James
    chrish

Re: Glitch in Dow Day?

by chrish » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:27 pm

I don't know about the "just in Madison" remix, but in the original, you actually had to use a code to get into that room by design. Maybe an oversight in making the new version?