[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
iPad text size problems - ARIS App 2.2.2 causing problems for our scenarios - Page 6 - Field Day Forums
iPad text size problems - ARIS App 2.2.2 causing problems for our scenarios
  • chasleff

Re: ARIS App 2.2.2 causing problems for our scenarios

by chasleff » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:14 am

:D

Thank you!
    Charles Leffingwell
    ARISE Serious Game Programmer & Designer

• joltman

by joltman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:35 am

Great work! Thank you.
    Julie Oltman
    Lehigh University
  • danaab

by danaab » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:50 pm

This was a very interesting string of posts to read about text size on iPads. I agree with Julie, anyone using ARIS in connection with schools is most likely using iPads or iPad minis and not iPhones. I purchased 15 iPad minis with cellular access just to use ARIS in my outreach work through the University of Northern Iowa.

I also wanted to add one more bit that I didn't see mentioned in the thread. On the iPad minis, most text seems to work pretty well in 2x mode, with the exception of a couple of things:

1) most importantly, My Notes (with Tags) in the Notebook are displayed with text that is too large for the line so both top and bottom gets cut off.

2) The splash screen text is still super tiny.

I'm wondering if I need to install an ARIS update? I'm running version 20161220. Has there been a new update since then?

Thanks!
    --Dana
  • cleffingwell

by cleffingwell » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:18 pm

We have restyled all our published games to look good in the new App without using the 2x mode. It took a while and we did a lot of HTML/CSS styling to achieve this.

One thing we did notice is that if a scenario was working in 2x on an iPads, and then if we re-styled the game and removed the 2x mode in the editor, then the ARIS App was not aware of the change in mode. This would be for an iPad that already ran this game before the change.

We were able to work around the issue by force closing or deleting and reinstalling the ARIS App. I'm not sure which worked in a particular instance as we tried them all for different situations.
    chrish

by chrish » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:21 pm

I've been using an iPad mini with 2x mode and notice that the quest display does not work in this mode. In the list of quests, the line height does not change. The result is that only the top half of the title text is visible.
  • joltman

Re: iPad text size problems - ARIS App 2.2.2 causing problems for our scenarios

by joltman » Tue May 23, 2017 10:04 am

FYI - in the grid format for Quests, the text gets cut off a bit too when in 2x mode on iPad
    Julie Oltman
    Lehigh University