[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
iPad text size problems - ARIS App 2.2.2 causing problems for our scenarios - Page 2 - Field Day Forums
iPad text size problems - ARIS App 2.2.2 causing problems for our scenarios
  • joltman

Re: ARIS App 2.2.2 causing problems for our scenarios

by joltman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:43 pm

Ugh. I don't have nearly the number of games you do but I have enough. The text is soooo small in every conversation, plaque - pretty much everywhere. To go through every screen to add HTML is just not practical. When did this issue start? With the last version of the app or with iOS 10?
    Julie Oltman
    Lehigh University
  • mtolly

by mtolly » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:14 pm

Julie, Charles,

I am currently working on pushing out an update for ARIS that doubles the size of (at least) plaques and web pages on iPads. It should be on TestFlight by tomorrow and released shortly after. Hopefully, you shouldn't need to change anything about the pages once that is out. Will keep updating as I learn more though.
  • chasleff

by chasleff » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:24 pm

For me I noticed it in ARIS App version 2.2.2

I see Mike just responded.

I expect a lot of the default out of the box content ARIS will get to look nice soon. Our problem is we put in a lot of custom HTML and CSS in textbox areas that probably will need to be adjusted. I will have to see what happens in the test flight beta.

Mike... is there a process to get included on the test flight list? Where do we submit our Apple ID to be included.
    Charles Leffingwell
    ARISE Serious Game Programmer & Designer

• chasleff

by chasleff » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks Mike.
    Charles Leffingwell

• mtolly

by mtolly » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Charles -- I saw you already had an older email on the TestFlight list that we must've added at some point, but I also did add the one you mentioned in the email thread. Let me know if you did not receive the invite. The new version should in fact be available to test later today I think.
  • joltman

by joltman » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:09 pm

This is great news! I will be deploying my game with about 30 kids on Nov 14/16....will the update be available by then?? I have also used test flight if that's the only way to get the new version on my ipads in time for my play day...? Thank you!
    Julie Oltman
    Lehigh University
  • chasleff

by chasleff » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:39 am

Mike,

I installed the beta and it seems to replicate the functionality of the old App for the most part. We are interested as well in the timeline of when this will be available for distribution through the App store. We have too many distributed iPads to do it the test flight way.
    Charles Leffingwell

• chasleff

by chasleff » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Mike,

I don't think this beta addresses the issue that Julie is having though. We notice it too in conversations because we did not style those. The unstyled text areas are really small, especially compared to what we were used to on the iPads with the old App.

I wonder how many users besides Julie and I were using iPads for their games?
    Charles Leffingwell

• joltman

by joltman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:53 pm

I would say the number of iPad users is not insignificant - particularly since most schools buy iPads for their students and not iPhones....so I would think that ARIS in a school setting is probably being done a lot on iPads.
    Julie Oltman
    Lehigh University
  • chasleff

by chasleff » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:55 pm

We did a test restyling of a game for the 2.2.2 version. We got it looking pretty good, was a lot of work though. When I tested that version that looked good on 2.2.2 and tried it on 2.2.4 beta, it blew up our stuff to be huge and unusable. So I guess I will just wait to see what you all come up with before I see if any restyling is necessary for the next release.

As a small experiment, I removed the video element size specifications all together and it did not render at all except for a weird blue box in 2.2.4

As it is, we could live with 2.2.4 for a while until we figure out a plan or time to migrate to the iPad display parameters.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help or test for you. Also let me know the best communication method for giving you feedback on the betas.

Thank you,
    Charles
    Charles Leffingwell