Unable to Pick Up Item
  • jdolane5

Unable to Pick Up Item

by jdolane5 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with items. There are times that when my item is viewed, there is an option at the bottom of the screen to pick it up; and there are times when that option is mysteriously not there. In the latter case, I am unable to pick up the item. When I exit out of the item, it is not in my inventory.

I have the items set to a max of 1, notification on change, basic items. Ideally, I would like to have the item automatically appear in the inventory once it's viewed, without having to press an button at all to pick it up.

Any insights?

Thank you,

Jeremy
    chrish

Re: Unable to Pick Up Item

by chrish » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:51 am

My guess for the problem you are seeing is that your player already has one of the item in inventory, and your max is set to 1, so they cannot pick it up. that's why the option is disabled.

For your more general question, there is a solution, and that is to have a plaque hand out the item. I personally feel the item UI is weird and hard to understand so I almost never have a trigger for an item on the map (or QR code or other trigger type). It's too easy for players to not "pick up" or to get stuck after they do.

Make a plaque along the lines of "you got the item", and use the "edit events" to give the item to the player.
  • jdolane5

by jdolane5 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:22 pm

My max is set to 1, but the player doesn't have any of the item in their inventory. When they view the item for the first time, the option to collect the item does not show up.
    chrish

by chrish » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:00 am

What happens if you set the max to 2 or higher?