Sorting by category?
  • donnerj1

Sorting by category?

by donnerj1 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:51 am

Would it be possible to sort the pictures in Siftr by category - so that only the chosen category would show on the map? I made a botanical walking tour (it shows now in popular Siftrs :) , but is unfortunately only in Finnish...) and thought while making it that it would be useful for my students if they could pick for example only evergreen shrubs and trees and observe them. Is it a complicated feature to add?

Also, and this question belongs probably in an other forum - are all the comments public directly or moderated? (if I have the moderated tab on).

All the best,
    Julia
    chrish

Re: Sorting by category?

by chrish » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:12 pm

Viewing by category in siftr (or a couple other filters): it's a bit hard to spot but if you tap the siftr icon in the top right of the screen (a yellow funnel with colored dots). You'll see some options, including the one you want.

Moderation: I thought comments are moderated too. I could be wrong. If you tell me the siftr, I'll comment on it and you can see.
  • donnerj1

by donnerj1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 pm

Hello,
    I thought that it would probably be wise not to make a too big siftr- but several separate in different categories. That would solve the problem too in some way.

The one I am hoping my students would soon test is Kasvikavelylla Helsingissa - it showed in the popular siftrs last week. The URL is kasvikavelyja. Please try to comment, even though the content is in Finnish...
    chrish

by chrish » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:32 pm

I love the idea of checking out others' sifts from afar! And google translate has done a very nice job with the captions. Context-wise, I feel a bit out of sorts. Lots of green, coming from the desert it's hard for me to differentiate much detail from the pictures alone. The captions help me look at salient features, like the rows planted on both sides. I suppose I'm still missing an overall sense of "why" or how this all fits into something central. But maybe that's because I'm very much on the outside. I do like the idea that the places marked are seeds; they are themselves examples and instructions for users to document their own surroundings.