Select multiple categories, instructions, generic image
  • ihkrauss

Select multiple categories, instructions, generic image

by ihkrauss » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Greetings,

I apologize in advance if multiple questions/suggestions in one post is frowned upon. Let me know if you would like me to split them up. Otherwise my questions/requests are as followed:

1) Is it possible to upload content and tag it under more than one category?
    2) Can we make it so the default setting for the "Instructions" box is open?
    3) Is there a way to set a generic image for Siftr? Our project is just as focused on collecting stories as pictures. It would be nice if people could post without selecting a unique photo.
    4) Lastly, I am unable to get my username to change. The password and email change, but the username will not.

Let me know if you have any questions on any of my topics. I work with a local Madison non-profit organization (Sustain Dane) who is very excited about incorporating this into their work.

Thank you,

Ian Krauss
    chrish

Re: Select multiple categories, instructions, generic image

by chrish » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:42 pm

The good news is that the Field Day team is hard at work at a major revision of siftr. So there is a chance that soon your needs will be met and that the team sees this feedback in time. Even though my answers at the moment are not super happy.

1. Nope. This is the most requested feature regarding notes. I hope there is a way to make it happen.
    2. Sorry. Good idea. Why?
    3. One of the important parts of the redesign is to be able to better fit collections of many data types. I imagine a non-image type will be in the cards. For now, maybe each user you're working with could find a fitting generic image. We are so visually drawn even if the content is audio.
    4. have you tried crating a new account with the new user name?

Since you're right there in Madison with Field Day it might be worth trying to set up something in person too.

Good luck!