ARIS Test Flight 2.5.1 - Game breaking Scanner Issue
  • rleduc

ARIS Test Flight 2.5.1 - Game breaking Scanner Issue

by rleduc » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:48 am

I have noticed a game breaking bug in the Test Flight beta 2.5.1 for ARIS. In all of our ARISE scenarios, when is a game is played, the "Scanner" has been replaced with the "Augmented" tab, and when it's tapped, ARIS crashes.

In the Editor, the tab is still listed as the "Scanner", but when a game is actually played the Scanner is replaced with the "Augmented" tab. I tried changing the tab to the "Augmented" tab in the editor, but the tab crashes ARIS when tapped.
    I then tried changing the tab to the Quests and the Decoder, and those tabs work fine. It appears to be only an issue surrounding the Scanner and Augmented tabs.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Test Flight version of ARIS did not fix the issue.
  • mtolly

Re: ARIS Test Flight 2.5.1 - Game breaking Scanner Issue

by mtolly » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:43 am

We are currently in the process of merging the QR code (Scanner) tab with the new AR (Augmented) tab, as the latter now has all the abilities of the former. At the moment, they are still separate in the editor but the client will create an Augmented tab for either one. As for the name, the single tab will probably get a default name of Scanner or something similar when we are done.

But we won't be releasing it to the app store until we are confident that it works for all users. What model device are you using, and what iOS version? Have you used the Augmented tab in previous versions without a crash?
  • rleduc

by rleduc » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:47 am

I am using iPad 9.7in (5th Generation) and my iOS version is 10.3.3.

I was able to use the AR Tab in beta without crashes, but I have not used it since release, since we have not chosen to implement it in any ARISE scenarios.
    chrish

by chrish » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Is anyone else having a problem actually getting the 2.5.1 beta?