[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Nomen Project not working - Field Day Forums
Nomen Project not working
  • geekkid1

Nomen Project not working

by geekkid1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 am

I attempted to make a Nomen Project guide. I was interested in doing it for a lot of different groups, so I started with a test set. Just a quick, short .csv, placeholder pictures and only a few different species given. I logged in, zipped the files, and attempted to upload. I get a "403: Forbidden" error whenever I try to upload. Please help. I just want to know whether I am doing something wrong, the project was discontinued, I need special permissions, etc.
    Attachments
    Isaac's Guide to Fruits.zip
    This is the zip file I attempted to upload
    (56.16 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
    chrish

Re: Nomen Project not working

by chrish » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:39 pm

The existing guides I've worked with are still there and working. But it does sound like something is broken with uploading. I get the same error.

Assuming the uploads do get fixed soon, I will share that getting the intricacies of the format correct has been tough at times. Come back if you want some help interpreting error messages or want a sample file that conforms.
  • geekkid1

by geekkid1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:00 pm

It gave me a "permission not given" or "forbidden" or something along those lines.
    chrish

by chrish » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm getting too.
  • geekkid1

by geekkid1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:28 am

Ok. It’s good to know it’s not an isolated problem. Those are so much harder to fix than widespread ones.
  • geekkid1

by geekkid1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:50 am

Just tried it again. I know it hasn't been that long but it's still giving the same 403 Forbidden error
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

by djgagnon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:28 am

We've been building a totally new version of this for a big plant id project we are doing. It works offline as a native app on both platforms and even connects with siftr!

I'll have someone check why the web version is not working. If you end up with a bigger project and want to put an app out, we can talk about using the new tech.

David
  • mtolly

by mtolly » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Our web host where Nomen is located applied a fix, and zip file upload looks like it is working correctly now. Let us know if there are still any issues.

- Mike, Field Day Lab
    chrish

by chrish » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:30 am

Sweet, thanks a bunch! I'll give it a go.