ARIS Crashing at "Begin Quest"
  • danaab

ARIS Crashing at "Begin Quest"

by danaab » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:31 am

Some graduate students and I are presenting on Friday a game they created called Mars Mysteries. This game relies on QR codes to play, but that is irrelevant to the problem we're having today. We are able to use the QR code to start the game, make a new player profile, and launch the game. It works fine until the first Quest is launched. When you try to click "Begin Quest" button in the bottom right hand corner, ARIS closes. Any advice about fixing this problem? We would really like our audience to be able to play the game on Friday.

Thank you!
    --Dana
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

Re: ARIS Crashing at "Begin Quest"

by djgagnon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:01 pm

What behaviour did you assign to begin quest in the quest settings? If you selected javascript but didn't implement any, that could do it.
  • danaab

Re: ARIS Crashing at "Begin Quest"

by danaab » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:26 pm

thanks, David...the only "lock" to satisfy before the quest becomes visible is "player has already viewed" the welcome plaque. Is that what you were asking about?

Okay...Day 2...what I've discovered is that when the Quest "continue button" is set to exit to "Scanner"...then ARIS crashes. If I set the "continue button" to exit to "Quests", then ARIS does not crash. Perhaps that is a bug?