AR working?
  • llarson

AR working?

by llarson » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 pm

I used the instructions in the AR Course to create a simple game using the AR triggers. My targets and my overlays are still images. I set up my Targets with Vuforia and they come up in Aris Editor under "Which AR Target." My Media is also showing up correctly under each AR Target in the Trigger panel. But when I play the game, the overlay doesn't appear. I tried both the Scanner and the Augmented viewer. When I view the target with the camera in the game, I see that slight in-out shifting as if it's "looking" for the image, then the Continue button pops up. When I click that it goes to the correct screen, but no overlay image has appeared. I have several Target images I'm trying it with, all rated 5 stars by Vuforia. Are there any additional steps I need to take to get it working besides what's in the online course? Also, sometimes when the game opens the scanner I get an Error screen that reads "INIT_default" and I can OK.
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

Re: AR working?

by djgagnon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:35 pm

Try setting the "scale" value to 500 and not 1 when making the trigger database on the vitoria website. The video on lesson 1 of the courses website has an error and it's easy to miss the updated instruction in the text on that page.

David
  • llarson

Re: AR working?

by llarson » Wed May 02, 2018 8:48 pm

Thanks, David. I was able to get 5 out of 7 of my AR targets working by setting all to 500 when uploading each to Vuforia. I also changed my overlay images to be exactly the same dimensions in pixels as my targets. I'm not sure if others are able to use overlays that are different dimensions than the targets, but mine didn't work until I made that change too. Next up, I'll try some overlays with transparency!