[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
how do you add images to posts? - Field Day Forums
how do you add images to posts?
  • joltman

how do you add images to posts?

by joltman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 am

Sometimes, it's nice to be able to add a screen shot to a post but I can't figure out how to add an image. I see the img tag in the tool bar but I don't know how to use it....do I have to have my images hosted somewhere? I looked for a help section, but I can't find that either. Thanks :-)
    Julie Oltman
    Lehigh University
    chrish

Re: how do you add images to posts?

by chrish » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Good question. It looks to me like there are two options. One is to use a hosted image and the omg tag. The other is to add an attachment. It's not super obvious, but below the compose message window, there is an attachments button. I added a screenshot from a bit of the ARIS editor to this post.

One problem I've noticed is that there is no confirmation or UI to see that you have uploaded an attachment (or remove an accidental upload). When I submit, there may be two images attached because I wasn't sure I did it right the first time.
    Attachments
    ARIS_Editor.png
    ARIS_Editor.png (21.15 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
    ARIS_Editor.png
    ARIS_Editor.png (21.15 KiB) Viewed 1721 times
  • KendraSpringfield

by KendraSpringfield » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Thanks for this! It helps! I'm actually trying to figure it out but to no avail. :lol:

by cleffingwell » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:25 pm

I think you just start a reply and then select attachment and the browse to a image file.
    Attachments
    Add files to post.jpg
  • samdigi1

by samdigi1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Scroll down and you will get the button for attachment click it and upload your attachment