How to open conversation after AR media recognition
  • jdolane5

How to open conversation after AR media recognition

by jdolane5 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi there,

I'm wondering how you set it up so that a plaque or a conversation opens up once once the scanner has picked up specific media. I have my vuforia working, but I'd like for a conversation to be locked until the media overlay is viewed and then have that conversation pop up once it has been viewed.

Thanks!
    chrish

Re: How to open conversation after AR media recognition

by chrish » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:40 pm

What you want to do is how the AR stuff in ARIS is designed to work, only it is not super obvious that this is the case (at least if I'm following correctly).

Player switches to the AR tab in ARIS
    Player holds up device and camera recognizes AR media, Vuforia replaces this image in screen with some other media
    Player taps recognized area on screen and ARIS moves player to the game object (like a conversation) linked in the editor to the AR target.

So if you've already tried to link this conversation to the AR target in ARIS (make an AR trigger for the conversation in question), likely all that you need to do in testing is to tap on the screen when recognizing the image.

In the game we made using AR, we definitely had to train our players to do this. The first image had big text in it that read "tap the screen to continue"
  • jdolane5

by jdolane5 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:45 am

Hi Chrish,

Thank you for the reply! That's exactly what I'm trying to do. Except, at the moment, what I want to do is to create an AR trigger to a plaque. So, once the player views the media overlay in the AR tab, they will automatically be sent to a plaque. Basically, the step that I'm missing is creating the trigger itself that will send them to the plaque once they have tapped the media. Any insight on how I can create that would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Jeremy
  • jdolane5

by jdolane5 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Never mind. Your explanation to create an AR trigger for that plaque was enough. Thanks! :)