Audio in Video Overlay
  • Asewell1

Audio in Video Overlay

by Asewell1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:08 pm

Hello!

I'm having issues getting the audio in my .mp4 to play in an AR overlay. The audio plays fine when viewing the video in the Media tab in ARIS editor - I just can't get the audio to play in the app.
  • Asewell1

Re: Audio in Video Overlay

by Asewell1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:21 am

I figured this one out, as well. It's good to know that the videos won't play if you have the sound turned off on your device. Lesson learned. :D
  • dmacphee

Re: Audio in Video Overlay

by dmacphee » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:09 am

PROBLEM: I wish my device audio was off... but it isn't, and I still can't get audio to play with video overlays for my ARIS games. What stupid thing am I doing wrong?
    I can get the audio to work with an iPad Mini 4 but not with my iPhone 6s... I'm sure it is some hidden setting I can't find. Volume is up all the way and there is no volume/audio setting for the ARIS app itself when I look in the OS settings.

[Instead of deleting this post out of embarrassment, I figure i'll leave it up and explain how I resolved by own dumb problem in case anyone else happens upon this thread when struggling with the same issue...]

ANSWER:
    Take your iPhone off 'vibration' ringer mode! Even though my volume was set at max, the phone wouldn't play any sound for the video overlay because i had the slider on the side of my phone set to 'silent' so that it would only vibrate when ringing at work... Duh.