ARISjs development
  • Tobias_W

ARISjs development

by Tobias_W » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Hey folks,

I'm currently evaluating ARIS for a project. And while the editor and the general ARIS features look fantastic, I'm not sure about ARISjs and I have a few questions.

From what I understand, the normal way to work with JS in ARIS is to type it directly into text fields in the ARIS editor, without any specific coding support.

Is there any way to debug scripts?

Is there any built-in way to share code between multiple fields (e.g. between multiple plaques)? Is it possible (and a good idea) to load a JS script from a webserver to achieve that?

Is it possible to load a JS script at the beginning of the app an use it throughout multiple fields, or would I have to reload it in every field?

An ARIS game is shared between everyone playing it, right? So if we want to make a game that a group plays for a day, and the next day another group should start from the beginning, we'd have to reset it? Is that possible?

Is it possible to spontaneously have multiple groups of players play separate game instances (from start to finish) at the same time?

Is it possible to use a custom ARIS server?

Thanks a lot,
    Tobias