Video in landscape mode?
  • geert

Video in landscape mode?

by geert » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:56 am

Hello from Cyprus! Taking my first steps with ARIS and enjoying it. I have following question/problem. I made a plaque connected it with a video and triggered it. Everything works fine, video is triggered on location, autoplay, with gps but the video-image is adapted (minimized) to fit vertically (the video covers on that way only a small part of the screen), turning the smartphone horizontally doesn't make the video-image fit the screen either. It stays in the vertical format. What can I do to make the video play full screen? Thank you much. Geert
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

Re: Video in landscape mode?

by djgagnon » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Hey Geert!

I'm so glad you are having fun with ARIS.

Videos uploaded to ARIS as media files should go full screen as soon as they are played if the device is rated on it's side.

Unfortunately, any embedded content, such as a youtube video, will not rotate and move into horizontal mode. This is the result of a decision to make developing plaque and webpage objects easier for beginners.

I hope that helps.

David
  • geert

by geert » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:30 am

Dear dj,

Thank you much for your reply. What you describe does not happen, that is exactly the problem.
    I was not working with urls / youtube.
    I have uploaded a mp4 video from my hard drive (exactly according to the manual requirements, 640 x 360) and added it to a plaque. The video autoplays vertically, but the image doesn't rotate to full screen horizontal when you rotate the phone (in my case iPhone 5s).

Any idea what could be the cause?

All best,

Geert
    djgagnon
    Site Admin

by djgagnon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:34 am

I just tested this with a test game, so I'm quite confident it should work. Is it possible you have the rotation lock enabled on your device? Do other apps rotate?

David
  • ldmarkley

by ldmarkley » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:41 pm

I'm actually having the same issue and I definitely don't have rotation lock turned on. I have the media uploaded and have it attached to a plaque which I think I understand is the correct way to do it. It plays, but it won't go fullscreen. I actually can't get the map to rotate either but as I said rotation lock is off and working fine in other apps.
    chrish

by chrish » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:46 pm

What I see:

Plaque videos go full screen and rotate.

Videos in conversations do not do either.

The map does not rotate (I don't think it ever has).